Report: Schedule to include 18 divisional games
|01.08.13 at 4:47 pm ET|
According to TSN’s Bob McKenzie, the NHL’s 48-game schedule will see teams play two divisional opponents four times (eight games total), two other divisional opponents five times (10) and three games against each of the remaining teams in their conference (30). All games will be played within the respective team’s conference.
In 82-game seasons, each team plays six games against each of their divisional opponents (24), the remaining 10 other teams in the conference four times each (40) and 18 games against teams in the other conference.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brad Marchand's Hot Streak a Big Reason for the Boston Bruins' Recent...
- Prospect Depth Allows BOS to Not Rush Pastrnak
- Seth Griffith Fitting in on the First Line with the Boston Bruins
- Bruins' Depleted Defense Returns to Reality in Loss to Wild
- Bruins' Patrice Bergeron Records 500th Career Point
- Bruins Players Dress Up as 'Frozen' Characters
- Looking at Bruins Defensive Pairings Without Chara