Report: Bruins to open season at home against Rangers on Jan. 19
|01.09.13 at 8:18 pm ET|
According to the Boston Globe, which cited a team source, the Bruins have been told by the NHL that they will open their 48-game regular season schedule on January 19 at TD Garden against the New York Rangers, with a 7 p.m. start likely. The report suggests that, with the Celtics on the road until January 24, the Bruins might end up with a multi-game homestand to start the season, noting the possibility that the Toronto Maple Leafs could come to Boston on January 21 — a date that had been part of the original NHL season schedule.
For more Bruins coverage, visit weei.com/bruins.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brad Marchand's Hot Streak a Big Reason for the Boston Bruins' Recent...
- Prospect Depth Allows BOS to Not Rush Pastrnak
- Seth Griffith Fitting in on the First Line with the Boston Bruins
- Bruins' Depleted Defense Returns to Reality in Loss to Wild
- Bruins' Patrice Bergeron Records 500th Career Point
- Bruins Players Dress Up as 'Frozen' Characters
- Looking at Bruins Defensive Pairings Without Chara