Report: Bruins to open season at home against Rangers on Jan. 19
|01.09.13 at 8:18 pm ET|
According to the Boston Globe, which cited a team source, the Bruins have been told by the NHL that they will open their 48-game regular season schedule on January 19 at TD Garden against the New York Rangers, with a 7 p.m. start likely. The report suggests that, with the Celtics on the road until January 24, the Bruins might end up with a multi-game homestand to start the season, noting the possibility that the Toronto Maple Leafs could come to Boston on January 21 — a date that had been part of the original NHL season schedule.
For more Bruins coverage, visit weei.com/bruins.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Do the Bruins Need to Make Major Change on Defense Before 2014-15?
- Should the Bruins Re-Sign Shawn Thornton?
- Bruins Prospects Look to Preserve Their AHL Playoff Run
- Complete Guide to Bruins' 2014 Offseason
- Final Report Card for Bruins' 2013-14 Season
- Game 6 Keys for Bruins, Canadiens
- Takeaways from Canadiens vs. Bruins Game 5