Bruins press conference held up by memorandum of understanding
|01.12.13 at 2:56 pm ET|
Because the memorandum of understanding regarding the new collective bargaining agreement had yet to be signed, the Bruins were forced to postpone and eventually cancel Saturday’s press conference with president Cam Neely and general manager Peter Chiarelli.
The MOU is essentially a place-holder for the language in the recently agreed-upon CBA, which would allow the season to get going while the CBA is finalized. It’s a minor technicality and shouldn’t cause any reason for concern. The B’s plan on having the press conference as soon as they can, likely Sunday.
- Bruins vs. Flames Recap: Huge third period and a 2-1 win on Iginla Night
- Public Skate Third Period: Bruins 0 Flames 1
- Public Skate: Bruins at Flames, 9:30 pm
- Bruins PR memo leaked
- In and Out Burger: Flame-Broiled Bruins: Injury Updates, Who's playing...
- Five Questions with Matchsticks and Gasoline
- Fresh Links: Calgary AHLert Edition