Bruins press conference held up by memorandum of understanding
|01.12.13 at 2:56 pm ET|
Because the memorandum of understanding regarding the new collective bargaining agreement had yet to be signed, the Bruins were forced to postpone and eventually cancel Saturday’s press conference with president Cam Neely and general manager Peter Chiarelli.
The MOU is essentially a place-holder for the language in the recently agreed-upon CBA, which would allow the season to get going while the CBA is finalized. It’s a minor technicality and shouldn’t cause any reason for concern. The B’s plan on having the press conference as soon as they can, likely Sunday.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brad Marchand's Hot Streak a Big Reason for the Boston Bruins' Recent...
- Prospect Depth Allows BOS to Not Rush Pastrnak
- Seth Griffith Fitting in on the First Line with the Boston Bruins
- Bruins' Depleted Defense Returns to Reality in Loss to Wild
- Bruins' Patrice Bergeron Records 500th Career Point
- Bruins Players Dress Up as 'Frozen' Characters
- Looking at Bruins Defensive Pairings Without Chara