Ryan Spooner, Matt Bartkowski among Bruins camp cuts
|01.17.13 at 9:59 pm ET|
The Bruins cut down the number or players in camp Thursday night, announcing four player moves. Defenseman Matt Bartkowski and forward Ryan Spooner were assigned to Providence, forward Jamie Tardiff was waived with for the purpose of assignment to Providence and defenseman Aaron Johnson was sent to Providence on a conditioning loan.
The transactions leave forwards Chris Bourque and Lane MacDermid as well as defenseman David Warsofsky as the Providence players still in camp. Bourque is expected to begin the season on Chris Kelly and Rich Peverley’s line, with MacDermid and Jay Pandolfo left to battle for the extra forward spot. Pandolfo is in camp on a tryout.
The Bruins could recall Johnson from his conditioning stint. Should he remain in Providence, Warsofsky will begin the season as the team’s seventh defenseman.
For more on the Bruins, visit weei.com/bruins.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brad Marchand's Hot Streak a Big Reason for the Boston Bruins' Recent...
- Prospect Depth Allows BOS to Not Rush Pastrnak
- Seth Griffith Fitting in on the First Line with the Boston Bruins
- Bruins' Depleted Defense Returns to Reality in Loss to Wild
- Bruins' Patrice Bergeron Records 500th Career Point
- Bruins Players Dress Up as 'Frozen' Characters
- Looking at Bruins Defensive Pairings Without Chara