Dennis Seidenberg out with lower-body injury
|01.21.13 at 12:16 pm ET|
Bruins defenseman Dennis Seidenberg will not play in Monday’s matinee against the Jets due to a lower-body injury, according to the team. Aaron Johnson is in the lineup in his place. The team said Seidenberg is day-to-day.
Based on pre-game warmups, Dougie Hamilton, Seidenberg’s partner in the season-opener, will skate on a pairing with Zdeno Chara. The other pairings are Andrew Ference-Adam McQuaid and Johnson-Johnny Boychuk.
Claude Julien said prior to Monday’s matinee that it will be Tuukka Rask in net for the B’s. Rask, who inherited the No. 1 netminding job with Tim Thomas taking the year off, made 20 saves on 21 shots in the season-opening win over the Rangers Saturday.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brad Marchand's Hot Streak a Big Reason for the Boston Bruins' Recent...
- Prospect Depth Allows BOS to Not Rush Pastrnak
- Seth Griffith Fitting in on the First Line with the Boston Bruins
- Bruins' Depleted Defense Returns to Reality in Loss to Wild
- Bruins' Patrice Bergeron Records 500th Career Point
- Bruins Players Dress Up as 'Frozen' Characters
- Looking at Bruins Defensive Pairings Without Chara