Tyler Seguin pulls double duty in shootout win
|01.29.13 at 11:57 pm ET|
Tyler Seguin wasn’t a happy camper when he had to follow up his shootout goal with another attempt Tuesday night against the Devils.
As Seguin was skating in on Johan Hedberg in the first round of the shootout, a fan threw what has officially been termed an unidentified food object (or UFO) onto the ice. That meant by rule that the play was going to be attempted again regardless of whether a goal was scored or not, but Seguin was miffed with the whole thing.
“I think it probably affected me more than the goalie,” he said. “I don’t really understand how it affected him more, but someone looked up the rules, and I guess that it’s a do-over.”
Had Hedberg stopped the shot, Seguin would have been given another go at it, so Claude Julien said after the game that the team respected the rule and the call. After beating Hedberg forehand on the first attempt, Seguin said he considered doing the same move again, but eventually decided to deke and go backhand. It worked out for the B’s, as he scored on the second attempt and Brad Marchand eventually delivered the game-winner in the fifth round.
“That’s a first,” Seguin said. “I’m still not sure what it was, maybe a hot dog. I’m hoping that there was a New Jersey Devil logo on the guy’s jersey who threw it, unless you’re one of the Bruins fans doing that, but I guess I’m glad it worked out in the end.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brad Marchand's Hot Streak a Big Reason for the Boston Bruins' Recent...
- Prospect Depth Allows BOS to Not Rush Pastrnak
- Seth Griffith Fitting in on the First Line with the Boston Bruins
- Bruins' Depleted Defense Returns to Reality in Loss to Wild
- Bruins' Patrice Bergeron Records 500th Career Point
- Bruins Players Dress Up as 'Frozen' Characters
- Looking at Bruins Defensive Pairings Without Chara