Brad Marchand: ‘Big shot’ Lindy Ruff ‘pretty disrespectful’ for calling late timeout
|01.31.13 at 10:29 pm ET|
Brad Marchand wasn’t amused when Sabres coach Lindy Ruff called a timeout with 14 seconds remaining in a 7-4 Sabres win over the Bruins. Ruff told reporters after the game that the timeout was called because Bruins’ enforcer Lane MacDermid was on the ice against Buffalo’s skill players, but Marchand said he got the sense that Ruff may have been called it to pour salt on the wound of Boston’s loss.
“He wants to be a big shot, and not the best play to do,” Marchand said after the game. “Pretty disrespectful. If he wants to be like that, that’s fine. We just have to move on.”
Claude Julien was more diplomatic in addressing the timeout, though he insisted that the Bruins didn’t give Ruff any reason to call it.
“I don’t know why he took it,” Julien said. “I really don’t know, but he’s entitled to it, so I just played along with it. He might have though that something was going to happen, which it wasn’t, but that’s probably for him to answer. I don’t know.”
For more on the Bruins, visit weei.com/bruins.
- Dougie Hamilton headed back to Boston; Miller OK; could Boychuk be back?
- Bruins vs. Maple Leafs Recap: Bruins win 5-2, Kevan Miller scores first...
- Public Skate: Third Period, Bruins 3 Leafs 1
- Dougie Hamilton done for the night; Warsofsky incoming?
- Public Skate Second Period: Maple Leafs 1, Bruins 0
- Bruins vs. Leafs Complete Coverage
- Public Skate: Bruins vs Maple Leafs, 7PM EST