Chris Bourque a healthy scratch vs. Sabres
|01.31.13 at 12:07 pm ET|
After a challenging start to his Bruins career, Chris Bourque will be made a healthy scratch Thursday night against the Sabres, Claude Julien confirmed after the team’s morning skate.
Bourque, who has no points and a minus-4 rating through six games, stayed out later than his teammates in the skate, which is often a sign that a player won’t be in that night’s lineup. Tough guy Lane MacDermid will be inserted into the lineup on the fourth line, while Daniel Paille will move up to take Bourque’s spot on Chris Kelly‘s line.
“Chris spent a little extra time on the ice, and he’s a player that we’re going to sit out tonight,” Julien said Thursday. “I had a good talk with Chris this morning. I think he’s putting a lot of pressure on himself right now, and it’s certainly not the Chris we know. I’ve seen him enough to know he’s a really skater, he’s a really good playmaker, but I think right now he’s putting way too much pressure on himself. Hopefully we can help him through that. Once he takes that extra weight off his shoulders, you’re going to see a player that can certainly be a much more efficient player than he’s shown so far.”
For more on the Bruins, visit weei.com/bruins.
- Bruins vs. Blackhawks Stanley Cup Final Game 4 Preview: Be the hammer,...
- VIDEO: Extended Stanley Cup Final Game 3 Highlights, with Goucher and...
- Wednesday Morning Skate: Keep It Going
- Fresh Links: Unworthy Edition
- Tuesday Morning Skate: Dat Pass
- Stanley Cup Final: Bruins take game three. Two to go.
- Public Skate: Bruins 2, Blackhawks 0, Third Period