Shawn Thornton out 7-10 days with concussion
|02.01.13 at 11:46 am ET|
WILMINGTON – Shawn Thornton will miss the next 7-10 days with a concussion, the Bruins announced Friday. Thornton suffered the injury in a first-period fight with Sabres enforcer John Scott on Thursday night, with Thornton leaving the game and not returning.
With Thornton out, Lane MacDermid could see more time for the B’s in the coming days. The 23-year-old had seven fights this season for Providence and played his first NHL game of the season on Thursday.
Thornton wasn’t the only absence from Friday’s practice, as Patrice Bergeron, David Krejci and Daniel Paille also missed the skate. Paille and Bergeron were banged up in the third period of Thursday’s loss to the Sabres, though Krejci did not appear to suffer an injury in the game.
For more on the Bruins, visit weei.com/bruins.
- Bruins vs. Maple Leafs Preview: The kids are all right
- Fresh Links: Up the River Edition
- Grand Theft Czechoslovakia. Bruins win 3-2
- Loui Eriksson concussed; Chris Kelly, Shawn Thornton will not travel on...
- Video: Don Cherry talks about the Thornton and Orpik incident
- Public Skate Third Period: Bruins 1, Penguins 2