Claude Julien: Bruins took precaution with Brad Marchand
|02.02.13 at 11:21 pm ET|
Bruins coach Claude Julien told reporters after Saturday’s game in Toronto that forward Brad Marchand was kept out of the third period of the Bruins’ 1-0 win over the Maple Leafs as a precaution. Marchand crashed into the boards and appeared to injure his shoulder midway through the second period and did not skate another shift for the B’s.
Tweeted NESN’s Naoko Funayama following the game:
Per Julien: Cautionary move on Bruins part to take Marchand out of game. Marchand wanted to keep going but Bruins thinking more long-term.
For more on the Bruins, visit weei.com/bruins.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brad Marchand's Hot Streak a Big Reason for the Boston Bruins' Recent...
- Prospect Depth Allows BOS to Not Rush Pastrnak
- Seth Griffith Fitting in on the First Line with the Boston Bruins
- Bruins' Depleted Defense Returns to Reality in Loss to Wild
- Bruins' Patrice Bergeron Records 500th Career Point
- Bruins Players Dress Up as 'Frozen' Characters
- Looking at Bruins Defensive Pairings Without Chara