Claude Julien: Bruins took precaution with Brad Marchand
|02.02.13 at 11:21 pm ET|
Bruins coach Claude Julien told reporters after Saturday’s game in Toronto that forward Brad Marchand was kept out of the third period of the Bruins’ 1-0 win over the Maple Leafs as a precaution. Marchand crashed into the boards and appeared to injure his shoulder midway through the second period and did not skate another shift for the B’s.
Tweeted NESN’s Naoko Funayama following the game:
Per Julien: Cautionary move on Bruins part to take Marchand out of game. Marchand wanted to keep going but Bruins thinking more long-term.
For more on the Bruins, visit weei.com/bruins.
- Fresh Links: Czechmate Edition
- Wednesday Morning Skate: Iggy! Iggy! Iggy!
- Bruins vs. Flames Recap: Huge third period and a 2-1 win on Iginla Night
- Public Skate Third Period: Bruins 0 Flames 1
- Public Skate: Bruins at Flames, 9:30 pm
- Bruins PR memo leaked
- In and Out Burger: Flame-Broiled Bruins: Injury Updates, Who's playing...