Bruins recall Ryan Spooner on emergency basis
|02.04.13 at 6:12 pm ET|
The Bruins recalled forward Ryan Spooner from Providence Monday on an emergency basis. The 2010 second-round pick will join the B’s Tuesday and travel with them to Montreal for Wednesday’s game against the Canadiens.
Spooner, 21, is in his first full professional season and has yet to play an NHL game. In 35 games for Providence this season, Spooner has nine goals and 21 assists for 30 points and a plus-12 rating.
The call-up comes amongst some injury concerns for the Bruins, as forward Brad Marchand did not practice with the team on Monday, as missed the second half of Saturday’s game after crashing into the endboards. Daniel Paille missed Saturday’s game with an upper-body injury but participated in Monday’s practice. Claude Julien would not rule either player out for Wednesday’s contest.
For more on the Bruins, visit weei.com/bruins.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Do the Bruins Need to Make Major Change on Defense Before 2014-15?
- Should the Bruins Re-Sign Shawn Thornton?
- Bruins Prospects Look to Preserve Their AHL Playoff Run
- Complete Guide to Bruins' 2014 Offseason
- Final Report Card for Bruins' 2013-14 Season
- Game 6 Keys for Bruins, Canadiens
- Takeaways from Canadiens vs. Bruins Game 5