Bruins recall Ryan Spooner on emergency basis
|02.04.13 at 6:12 pm ET|
The Bruins recalled forward Ryan Spooner from Providence Monday on an emergency basis. The 2010 second-round pick will join the B’s Tuesday and travel with them to Montreal for Wednesday’s game against the Canadiens.
Spooner, 21, is in his first full professional season and has yet to play an NHL game. In 35 games for Providence this season, Spooner has nine goals and 21 assists for 30 points and a plus-12 rating.
The call-up comes amongst some injury concerns for the Bruins, as forward Brad Marchand did not practice with the team on Monday, as missed the second half of Saturday’s game after crashing into the endboards. Daniel Paille missed Saturday’s game with an upper-body injury but participated in Monday’s practice. Claude Julien would not rule either player out for Wednesday’s contest.
For more on the Bruins, visit weei.com/bruins.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brad Marchand's Hot Streak a Big Reason for the Boston Bruins' Recent...
- Prospect Depth Allows BOS to Not Rush Pastrnak
- Seth Griffith Fitting in on the First Line with the Boston Bruins
- Bruins' Depleted Defense Returns to Reality in Loss to Wild
- Bruins' Patrice Bergeron Records 500th Career Point
- Bruins Players Dress Up as 'Frozen' Characters
- Looking at Bruins Defensive Pairings Without Chara