|Brad Marchand to miss Canadiens game||02.06.13 at 1:06 pm ET|
Bruins coach Claude Julien announced that forward Brad Marchand will miss Wednesday night’s game against the Canadiens. The team has not disclosed Marchand’s injury, but he appeared to hurt his shoulder after crashing into the end boards during Saturday’s win over the Maple Leafs.
In Marchand’s absence, forward Ryan Spooner will make his NHL debut. Spooner, a 2010 second-round draft pick, was recalled from AHL Providence on Monday on an emergency basis. The 21-year-old has nine goals and 21 assists with a plus-12 rating in 35 games for Providence this season.
Shawn Thornton (concussion) and Daniel Paille (upper-body injury) did not make the trip to Montreal.
- Providence Bruins Join Boston Bruins as Black Aces
- 3 Questions With... Mike Murphy "Dig Deep" of Blueshirt Banter
- Fresh Links: Sally Fourth Edition
- Torts to Brad Richards: Sit On It
- Thursday Morning Skate: Memorial Cup Field Set
- AHL Calder Cup Playoffs: Providence Bruins complete collapse, shut out by...
- Relax, We Got This.