Brad Marchand to miss Canadiens game
|02.06.13 at 1:06 pm ET|
Bruins coach Claude Julien announced that forward Brad Marchand will miss Wednesday night’s game against the Canadiens. The team has not disclosed Marchand’s injury, but he appeared to hurt his shoulder after crashing into the end boards during Saturday’s win over the Maple Leafs.
In Marchand’s absence, forward Ryan Spooner will make his NHL debut. Spooner, a 2010 second-round draft pick, was recalled from AHL Providence on Monday on an emergency basis. The 21-year-old has nine goals and 21 assists with a plus-12 rating in 35 games for Providence this season.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brad Marchand's Hot Streak a Big Reason for the Boston Bruins' Recent...
- Prospect Depth Allows BOS to Not Rush Pastrnak
- Seth Griffith Fitting in on the First Line with the Boston Bruins
- Bruins' Depleted Defense Returns to Reality in Loss to Wild
- Bruins' Patrice Bergeron Records 500th Career Point
- Bruins Players Dress Up as 'Frozen' Characters
- Looking at Bruins Defensive Pairings Without Chara