Claude Julien: ‘More that’s expected’ from Tyler Seguin
|02.14.13 at 1:40 pm ET|
WILMINGTON — Bruins coach Claude Julien said after Thursday’s practice at Ristuccia Arena that the B’s expect more out of Tyler Seguin, who has two goals (one of which is an empty-netter) in 11 games this season.
Last season, Seguin led the Bruins with 29 goals. His production has slowed in the early going of the shortened season, with Julien saying the team is eager to see him break out of his slump.
“We know we can get more out of him, and it’s a matter of pushing him, it’s a matter of him pushing himself,” Julien said. “He’s not a poor player, but I think there’s more that’s expected of him and there’s more that I think he’ll be able to give us. He’s still a young player, and you can squish him and make it worse or you can try and help him through it and push the right buttons and certainly help him get his game back to where it should be.”
For more on the Bruins, visit weei.com/bruins.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Do the Bruins Need to Make Major Change on Defense Before 2014-15?
- Should the Bruins Re-Sign Shawn Thornton?
- Bruins Prospects Look to Preserve Their AHL Playoff Run
- Complete Guide to Bruins' 2014 Offseason
- Final Report Card for Bruins' 2013-14 Season
- Game 6 Keys for Bruins, Canadiens
- Takeaways from Canadiens vs. Bruins Game 5