Nathan Horton scores twice as Bruins beat Lightning
|02.21.13 at 10:06 pm ET|
The Bruins beat the Lightning, 4-2, Thursday night in Tampa thanks to a two-goal performance from Nathan Horton.
The B’s jumped out to a 2-0 lead thanks to first-period goals from Horton and Patrice Bergeron. Steven Stamkos got the Lightning on the board at 8:13 of the first, with rookie Cory Conacher tying it up in the second with his sixth goal of the season. The B’s retook the lead at 13:58 of the second on Brad Marchand’s team-leading ninth goal of the season. Horton made it 4-2 2:33 into the the third.
Marchand and Bergeron also had multi-point nights thanks to assists on one another’s goals, with Dougie Hamilton turning in a pair of assists as well. Marchand’s assist was just his second of the season, though he now has nine goals in 13 games played.
For more on the Bruins, visit weei.com/bruins.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brad Marchand's Hot Streak a Big Reason for the Boston Bruins' Recent...
- Prospect Depth Allows BOS to Not Rush Pastrnak
- Seth Griffith Fitting in on the First Line with the Boston Bruins
- Bruins' Depleted Defense Returns to Reality in Loss to Wild
- Bruins' Patrice Bergeron Records 500th Career Point
- Bruins Players Dress Up as 'Frozen' Characters
- Looking at Bruins Defensive Pairings Without Chara