Nathan Horton scores twice as Bruins beat Lightning
|02.21.13 at 10:06 pm ET|
The Bruins beat the Lightning, 4-2, Thursday night in Tampa thanks to a two-goal performance from Nathan Horton.
The B’s jumped out to a 2-0 lead thanks to first-period goals from Horton and Patrice Bergeron. Steven Stamkos got the Lightning on the board at 8:13 of the first, with rookie Cory Conacher tying it up in the second with his sixth goal of the season. The B’s retook the lead at 13:58 of the second on Brad Marchand’s team-leading ninth goal of the season. Horton made it 4-2 2:33 into the the third.
Marchand and Bergeron also had multi-point nights thanks to assists on one another’s goals, with Dougie Hamilton turning in a pair of assists as well. Marchand’s assist was just his second of the season, though he now has nine goals in 13 games played.
For more on the Bruins, visit weei.com/bruins.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Do the Bruins Need to Make Major Change on Defense Before 2014-15?
- Should the Bruins Re-Sign Shawn Thornton?
- Bruins Prospects Look to Preserve Their AHL Playoff Run
- Complete Guide to Bruins' 2014 Offseason
- Final Report Card for Bruins' 2013-14 Season
- Game 6 Keys for Bruins, Canadiens
- Takeaways from Canadiens vs. Bruins Game 5