|Nathan Horton scores twice as Bruins beat Lightning||02.21.13 at 10:06 pm ET|
The Bruins beat the Lightning, 4-2, Thursday night in Tampa thanks to a two-goal performance from Nathan Horton.
The B’s jumped out to a 2-0 lead thanks to first-period goals from Horton and Patrice Bergeron. Steven Stamkos got the Lightning on the board at 8:13 of the first, with rookie Cory Conacher tying it up in the second with his sixth goal of the season. The B’s retook the lead at 13:58 of the second on Brad Marchand’s team-leading ninth goal of the season. Horton made it 4-2 2:33 into the the third.
Marchand and Bergeron also had multi-point nights thanks to assists on one another’s goals, with Dougie Hamilton turning in a pair of assists as well. Marchand’s assist was just his second of the season, though he now has nine goals in 13 games played.
For more on the Bruins, visit weei.com/bruins.
- OTBH: Most Dangerous Lead in Hockey
- Just how bad WAS the Bartkowski and Seidenberg trade with Florida?
- Fresh Links: Yippee Paille Edition
- Wednesday Morning Skate: Shut It Down
- GIF RECAP: Bruins 2, Rangers 1: Doppelganger Hockey!
- Public Skate: Bruins vs. Rangers, 7:30 PM ET
- 3 Questions With... Blueshirt Banter's Kevin Power