Bruins pound Panthers, continue road dominance
|02.24.13 at 5:31 pm ET|
Long before he received a 10-minute misconduct for protesting some uneven officiating on cross-checks, Milan Lucic put the Bruins on the board at the 7:57 mark in the first period, and the Bruins remained on the offensive en route to a 4-1 victory in Florida over the Panthers. Boston improved to an outstanding 7-1-1 mark on the road.
Later in the first, Zdeno Chara produced a spectacular goal on a spin move and then backhander to put the B’s up 2-0, and after Tomas Kopecky scored late in the first to bring Florida back to within a goal, Chris Kelly capitalized on the Bruins’ only power play opportunity of the game, potting a power-play goal at 2:30 of the second period and, in the process, breaking a 14-game streak without a goal. Daniel Paille scored an empty-netter in the game’s final two minutes for the B’s final margin of victory.
Tuukka Rask turned aside 34 of 35 Florida shot attempts in the victory.
For a box score and recap, click here.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brad Marchand's Hot Streak a Big Reason for the Boston Bruins' Recent...
- Prospect Depth Allows BOS to Not Rush Pastrnak
- Seth Griffith Fitting in on the First Line with the Boston Bruins
- Bruins' Depleted Defense Returns to Reality in Loss to Wild
- Bruins' Patrice Bergeron Records 500th Career Point
- Bruins Players Dress Up as 'Frozen' Characters
- Looking at Bruins Defensive Pairings Without Chara