Tyler Seguin takes a hit from Alexei Emelin, Zdeno Chara takes revenge that costs 17 minutes
|03.03.13 at 9:30 pm ET|
Montreal’s Alexei Emelin hit Tyler Seguin with a check in the neutral zone late in the second period.
Bruins captain Zdeno Chara was on the ice and saw Seguin go down in a heap, holding his left side. Later in the same shift, Chara blew up Emelin with a check, that resulted in a fight between the two.
Chara was tagged with two minutes for instigating, five for fighting and 10 minutes for misconduct. In other words, the cost of sticking up for Seguin, who returned to the bench just moments later, was 17 minutes of ice time.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Do the Bruins Need to Make Major Change on Defense Before 2014-15?
- Should the Bruins Re-Sign Shawn Thornton?
- Bruins Prospects Look to Preserve Their AHL Playoff Run
- Complete Guide to Bruins' 2014 Offseason
- Final Report Card for Bruins' 2013-14 Season
- Game 6 Keys for Bruins, Canadiens
- Takeaways from Canadiens vs. Bruins Game 5