Tyler Seguin takes a hit from Alexei Emelin, Zdeno Chara takes revenge that costs 17 minutes
|03.03.13 at 9:30 pm ET|
Montreal’s Alexei Emelin hit Tyler Seguin with a check in the neutral zone late in the second period.
Bruins captain Zdeno Chara was on the ice and saw Seguin go down in a heap, holding his left side. Later in the same shift, Chara blew up Emelin with a check, that resulted in a fight between the two.
Chara was tagged with two minutes for instigating, five for fighting and 10 minutes for misconduct. In other words, the cost of sticking up for Seguin, who returned to the bench just moments later, was 17 minutes of ice time.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Should the Boston Bruins Let Tuukka Rask Start Olympic Break a Day Early?
- How Should Bruins Fill Chara's Void Before Olympic Break?
- Why Krejci Will Be Top Bruin to Watch at Sochi
- How Bruins Should Shuffle Lines After Chris Kelly's Return
- Kevan Miller Justifying Promotion, Extension with Bruins
- What the Boston Bruins Must Do to Avoid Season Sweep vs. New York...
- How Bruins' Unique Strengths Have Led to Krug's Breakout Season