Bruins recall Jordan Caron, Chris Bourque clears waivers
|03.08.13 at 12:05 pm ET|
WILMINGTON – The Bruins Bruins recalled forward Jordan Caron from Providence Friday morning, a day after the team waived Chris Bourque with the intention of assigning him to Providence. Bourque cleared waivers at noon on Friday, so he will be able to play for Boston’s AHL affiliate.
The callup is an intriguing one, as Caron was expected to compete for a job on the third line this season, but was injured prior to training camp. Caron, who showed some flashes with the B’s late last season, has had an underwhelming season in the AHL this year, with 10 goals and five assists for 15 points in 44 games.
Caron was the Bruins’ first round pick (25th overall) in the 2009 draft and has played 75 games for Boston in the 2010-11 and 2011-12 season, though he’s yet to play in the NHL this year. Last season, he scored seven goals and added eight assists for 15 points in 48 games.
For more on the Bruins, visit weei.com/bruins.
- Bruins vs Oilers Recap: Second periods will be the death of us. Bruins...
- Public Skate Third Period: Bruins 3 Oilers 2
- Public Skate Second Period: Bruins 3 Oilers 0
- Public Skate: Bruins vs. Oilers, 9:30PM EST
- Bruins vs. Oilers Preview: Captain Planet Reunion Day
- And another one bites the dust: Loss to Bruins Final Straw for Feaster in...
- Fresh Links: Auld Acquaintance Edition