Bruins sign Anthony Camara to entry level contract
|03.14.13 at 12:22 pm ET|
The Bruins announced Thursday that they have signed 2011 third-round pick Anthony Camara to an entry level contract.
The gritty Camara’s selection raised eyebrows at the time, as the forward had just 14 goals over two full OHL seasons to that point, but his offensive production has picked up considerably since. This season, his fourth in the OHL, he has 36 goals and 24 assists for 60 points and 80 penalty minutes for the Barrie Colts.
Camara has been suspended twice this season, the most recent of which was a six-game ban for a dirty cross-check against the Plymouth Whalers in February.
It’s unlikely that Camara will play for Providence this season, as the AHL season will likely be over by the time Barrie is out of the playoffs. For a look at Camara from last summer’s development camp, click here.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Do the Bruins Need to Make Major Change on Defense Before 2014-15?
- Should the Bruins Re-Sign Shawn Thornton?
- Bruins Prospects Look to Preserve Their AHL Playoff Run
- Complete Guide to Bruins' 2014 Offseason
- Final Report Card for Bruins' 2013-14 Season
- Game 6 Keys for Bruins, Canadiens
- Takeaways from Canadiens vs. Bruins Game 5