Adam McQuaid out three-to-four weeks with shoulder strain
|03.20.13 at 4:52 pm ET|
Bruins general manager Peter Chiarelli announced Wednesday that defenseman Adam McQuaid is expected to miss three to four weeks with a left shoulder strain suffered in the first period of Tuesday’s loss to the Jets.
McQuaid suffered the injury on his second shift of the game when he was shoved into the corner by Jets forward Eric Tangradi. He left the game and did not return. Chiarelli issued the following statement Wednesday:
“Adam sustained a shoulder strain and will return to Boston for further evaluation by the Bruins medical staff. It is anticipated that he may be out 3-4 weeks.”
Through 25 games for the B’s this season, McQuaid has one goal and and three assists for four points and a plus-4 rating. He is tied with Shawn Thornton for the team lead with five fighting majors.
For more on the Bruins, visit weei.com/bruins.
- Fresh Links: Sneaky Tough Edition
- Friday Morning Skate: Late Night
- Bruins vs Oilers Recap: Second periods will be the death of us. Bruins...
- Public Skate Third Period: Bruins 3 Oilers 2
- Public Skate Second Period: Bruins 3 Oilers 0
- Public Skate: Bruins vs. Oilers, 9:30PM EST
- Bruins vs. Oilers Preview: Captain Planet Reunion Day