|Adam McQuaid out three-to-four weeks with shoulder strain||03.20.13 at 4:52 pm ET|
Bruins general manager Peter Chiarelli announced Wednesday that defenseman Adam McQuaid is expected to miss three to four weeks with a left shoulder strain suffered in the first period of Tuesday’s loss to the Jets.
McQuaid suffered the injury on his second shift of the game when he was shoved into the corner by Jets forward Eric Tangradi. He left the game and did not return. Chiarelli issued the following statement Wednesday:
“Adam sustained a shoulder strain and will return to Boston for further evaluation by the Bruins medical staff. It is anticipated that he may be out 3-4 weeks.”
Through 25 games for the B’s this season, McQuaid has one goal and and three assists for four points and a plus-4 rating. He is tied with Shawn Thornton for the team lead with five fighting majors.
For more on the Bruins, visit weei.com/bruins.
- QUICK RECAP: Bruins win, set new club record for goals scored on Henrik...
- Chara owns, and is a fantastic captain
- Fresh Links: The Kids Are Alright Edition
- Friday Morning Skate: All Glory to the Hypno Claude
- Game 1 Gif Recap: Marchand, Big Z, and the Rookie D. Bruins win it in OT.
- Public Skate: Bruins vs. Rangers Game 1, Third Period
- Public Skate: Bruins vs. Rangers Game 1, Second Period