Adam McQuaid out three-to-four weeks with shoulder strain
|03.20.13 at 4:52 pm ET|
Bruins general manager Peter Chiarelli announced Wednesday that defenseman Adam McQuaid is expected to miss three to four weeks with a left shoulder strain suffered in the first period of Tuesday’s loss to the Jets.
McQuaid suffered the injury on his second shift of the game when he was shoved into the corner by Jets forward Eric Tangradi. He left the game and did not return. Chiarelli issued the following statement Wednesday:
“Adam sustained a shoulder strain and will return to Boston for further evaluation by the Bruins medical staff. It is anticipated that he may be out 3-4 weeks.”
Through 25 games for the B’s this season, McQuaid has one goal and and three assists for four points and a plus-4 rating. He is tied with Shawn Thornton for the team lead with five fighting majors.
For more on the Bruins, visit weei.com/bruins.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Do the Bruins Need to Make Major Change on Defense Before 2014-15?
- Should the Bruins Re-Sign Shawn Thornton?
- Bruins Prospects Look to Preserve Their AHL Playoff Run
- Complete Guide to Bruins' 2014 Offseason
- Final Report Card for Bruins' 2013-14 Season
- Game 6 Keys for Bruins, Canadiens
- Takeaways from Canadiens vs. Bruins Game 5