- Big Bad Blog - http://bigbadblog.weei.com -
Dennis Seidenberg’s late goal lifts Bruins past Senators to end skid
Posted By DJ Bean On March 21, 2013 @ 10:15 pm In General | 18 Comments
Dennis Seidenberg ‘s first goal of the season was a huge one, as the veteran blue liner took a feed from Zdeno Chara  following a Patrice Bergeron  faceoff win with just over a minute to play and blasted a one-timer past Robin Lehner to break a late tie and give the Bruins a 2-1 lead over the Senators Thursday night in Ottawa.
The win snapped a two-game losing streak for the Bruins and improved them to 20-6-3 on the season. The B’s got the win on a night in which Claude Julien  made Rich Peverley  a healthy scratch, keeping Ryan Spooner in the lineup as David Krejci  made his return from a knee injury.
The Senators got on the board when Kaspars Daugavins fired a wrist shot past Anton Khudobin early in the second period. After a sloppy showing throughout the second period for the B’s, Daniel Paille  beat Lehner with a wrister with 1:22 remaining in the second to tie the game.
The Bruins will play the first game of a home-and-home with the Maple Leafs  by wrapping up their four-game road trip Saturday night in Toronto.
WHAT WENT RIGHT FOR THE BRUINS
- Julien treated the Merlot line as his third line Thursday night, and it paid off with Paille’s goal. The Paille-Gregory Campbell - Shawn Thornton  line got got more shifts and ice time than the trio of Spooner between Jay Pandolfo and Jordan Caron, with Campbell playing 15:33 to Spooner’s 8:17.
- Khudobin came through for the B’s in the final 30 seconds of the first period, making big stops with the Senators buzzing in the offensive zone against the Spooner line. The backup netminder came up with stops on Kyle Turris, Jakob Silfverberg and Patrick Wiercioch in what was a frantic end to the first period.
- Paille’s strong offensive season continues, as his six goals put his total through 69 games last season (nine) easily within reach. Paille’s career-high for goals is 19, which he got with the Sabres in the 2007-08 season. His best total as a Bruin is 10 in 2009-10.
WHAT WENT WRONG FOR THE BRUINS
- The B’s were sloppy, sloppy, sloppy from an offensive standpoint in the second period. Krejci’s line blew a 3-on-1 when Milan Lucic  made an extra pass to Nathan Horton  and failed to connect. Later in the second, the B’s were on an odd-man rush and Lucic passed to Tyler Seguin , who had turned back to go for a line change.
- The Bruins went without a shot on goal in both of their power plays, as the B’s made it three straight games without a power-play goal (0-for-8). Julien tweaked the units for the first power play, putting Seguin on the second unit and replacing him on the top unit with Spooner. Dougie Hamilton was also moved to the second unit, with Seidenberg taking his place on the point on the first unit.
Article printed from Big Bad Blog: http://bigbadblog.weei.com
URL to article: http://bigbadblog.weei.com/sports/boston/hockey/bruins/2013/03/21/dennis-seidenbergs-late-goal-lifts-bruins-past-senators-to-end-skid/
URLs in this post:
 Dennis Seidenberg: http://media.weei.com/hockey/dennis-seidenberg.htm
 Zdeno Chara: http://media.weei.com/hockey/zdeno-chara.htm
 Patrice Bergeron: http://media.weei.com/hockey/patrice-bergeron.htm
 Claude Julien: http://media.weei.com/hockey/claude-julien.htm
 Rich Peverley: http://media.weei.com/hockey/rich-peverley.htm
 David Krejci: http://media.weei.com/hockey/david-krejci.htm
 Daniel Paille: http://media.weei.com/hockey/daniel-paille.htm
 Maple Leafs: http://media.weei.com/hockey/toronto-maple-leafs.htm
 Gregory Campbell: http://media.weei.com/hockey/gregory-campbell.htm
 Shawn Thornton: http://media.weei.com/hockey/shawn-thornton.htm
 Milan Lucic: http://media.weei.com/hockey/milan-lucic.htm
 Nathan Horton: http://media.weei.com/hockey/nathan-horton.htm
 Tyler Seguin: http://media.weei.com/hockey/tyler-seguin.htm
 Brad Marchand: http://media.weei.com/hockey/brad-marchand.htm
 > Dennis Seidenberg’s late goal lifts Bruins past Senators to end skid" data-url="http://bigbadblog.weei.com/sports/boston/hockey/bruins/2013/03/21/dennis-seidenbergs-late-goal-lifts-bruins-past-senators-to-end-skid/">Tweet: http://twitter.com/share
 : #disqus_thread
Copyright © 2009 WEEI.com. All rights reserved.