Report: Jarome Iginla would waive no-trade clause for Bruins
|03.24.13 at 1:35 pm ET|
According to Renaud Lavoie of RDS, Flames forward Jarome Iginla has listed the Bruins as one of four teams for which he would waive his no-trade clause.
The RDS report states (en Francais) that Iginla listed the Bruins, Blackhawks, Kings and Penguins as the teams to which he would accept a trade. Iginla, 35, is in the final year of a three-year, $21 million deal and will be an unrestricted free agent following the season. Through 24 games this season, the Calgary captain has seven goals and 12 assists for 19 points.
The trade deadline, which is normally at the end of February, is April 3 this season due to the adjusted schedule caused by the lockout-shortened season.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Should the Boston Bruins Let Tuukka Rask Start Olympic Break a Day Early?
- How Should Bruins Fill Chara's Void Before Olympic Break?
- Why Krejci Will Be Top Bruin to Watch at Sochi
- How Bruins Should Shuffle Lines After Chris Kelly's Return
- Kevan Miller Justifying Promotion, Extension with Bruins
- What the Boston Bruins Must Do to Avoid Season Sweep vs. New York...
- How Bruins' Unique Strengths Have Led to Krug's Breakout Season