Report: Jarome Iginla would waive no-trade clause for Bruins
|03.24.13 at 1:35 pm ET|
According to Renaud Lavoie of RDS, Flames forward Jarome Iginla has listed the Bruins as one of four teams for which he would waive his no-trade clause.
The RDS report states (en Francais) that Iginla listed the Bruins, Blackhawks, Kings and Penguins as the teams to which he would accept a trade. Iginla, 35, is in the final year of a three-year, $21 million deal and will be an unrestricted free agent following the season. Through 24 games this season, the Calgary captain has seven goals and 12 assists for 19 points.
The trade deadline, which is normally at the end of February, is April 3 this season due to the adjusted schedule caused by the lockout-shortened season.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brad Marchand's Hot Streak a Big Reason for the Boston Bruins' Recent...
- Prospect Depth Allows BOS to Not Rush Pastrnak
- Seth Griffith Fitting in on the First Line with the Boston Bruins
- Bruins' Depleted Defense Returns to Reality in Loss to Wild
- Bruins' Patrice Bergeron Records 500th Career Point
- Bruins Players Dress Up as 'Frozen' Characters
- Looking at Bruins Defensive Pairings Without Chara