Report: Jarome Iginla would waive no-trade clause for Bruins
|03.24.13 at 1:35 pm ET|
According to Renaud Lavoie of RDS, Flames forward Jarome Iginla has listed the Bruins as one of four teams for which he would waive his no-trade clause.
The RDS report states (en Francais) that Iginla listed the Bruins, Blackhawks, Kings and Penguins as the teams to which he would accept a trade. Iginla, 35, is in the final year of a three-year, $21 million deal and will be an unrestricted free agent following the season. Through 24 games this season, the Calgary captain has seven goals and 12 assists for 19 points.
The trade deadline, which is normally at the end of February, is April 3 this season due to the adjusted schedule caused by the lockout-shortened season.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Do the Bruins Need to Make Major Change on Defense Before 2014-15?
- Should the Bruins Re-Sign Shawn Thornton?
- Bruins Prospects Look to Preserve Their AHL Playoff Run
- Complete Guide to Bruins' 2014 Offseason
- Final Report Card for Bruins' 2013-14 Season
- Game 6 Keys for Bruins, Canadiens
- Takeaways from Canadiens vs. Bruins Game 5