Bruins recall Torey Krug from Providence
|03.27.13 at 6:16 pm ET|
The Bruins recalled defenseman Torey Krug from Providence Wednesday, and the 21-year-old will be available for Wednesday night’s game against the Canadiens.
In 55 games for Providence this season, Krug has 10 goals and 24 assists for 34 points and a minus-6 rating. The timing of the callup is intriguing given that it’s a week before the trade deadline. The Bruins may have recalled him for a potential showcase or as a body in the event that they move one of the defensemen currently on the roster.
For more on the Bruins, visit weei.com/bruins.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brad Marchand's Hot Streak a Big Reason for the Boston Bruins' Recent...
- Prospect Depth Allows BOS to Not Rush Pastrnak
- Seth Griffith Fitting in on the First Line with the Boston Bruins
- Bruins' Depleted Defense Returns to Reality in Loss to Wild
- Bruins' Patrice Bergeron Records 500th Career Point
- Bruins Players Dress Up as 'Frozen' Characters
- Looking at Bruins Defensive Pairings Without Chara