Claude Julien acknowledges Jarome Iginla trade rumors swirling
|03.27.13 at 11:55 pm ET|
Bruins coach Claude Julien acknowledged the trade rumors involving Calgary Flames veteran superstar Jarome Iginla were swirling around his team after the Bruins blew it two-goal lead in the third period and lost 6-5 to the MontrÃ©al Canadiens in a shootout Wednesday night at TD Garden.
“I don’t know if it affected the game, but I know it’s present,” Julien said. “You know, there's a lot of rumors circling around our team. I called a couple players into my office just to talk before the game about certain things and they were a little jumpy ' they were all expected the worst news. And it had nothing to do with trades more than talking about the game. So it's present and it's pretty obvious why.
Julien also would not offer specific comment on two controversial calls against the Bruins late in the third that eventually ended in the game-tying goal, unlike earlier in the month when he accused the Canadiens of “embellishment” in drawing penalties in a win at TD Garden over the Bruins.
- Hockey's Culture of Revenge
- Fresh Links: Homecoming Edition
- Monday Morning Skate: Survivor Alberta
- Dougie Hamilton headed back to Boston; Miller OK; could Boychuk be back?
- Bruins vs. Maple Leafs Recap: Bruins win 5-2, Kevan Miller scores first...
- Public Skate: Third Period, Bruins 3 Leafs 1
- Dougie Hamilton done for the night; Warsofsky incoming?