Jarome Iginla on choosing Penguins over Bruins: ‘It wasn’t fully my choice’
|03.28.13 at 2:28 pm ET|
New Penguins forward Jarome Iginla met with the Calgary media at a press conference Thursday, and he talked in generalities about choosing the Pens over the Bruins.
“I was fortunate that the three teams that were kind of making a pitch — or however you say it — proposals were interested. I was humbled. They’re pretty all great teams, and I feel fortunate to have had the choice,” said the former Flames star. “But also at the same time, it wasn’t fully my choice. I wanted it to be a mutual thing. But when the Flames said that they liked things, they were happy with that, I was thrilled and thankful for the opportunity.”
Iginla indicated the appeal of joining Sidney Crosby and Evgeni Malkin was too good to pass up.
“The opportunity to play on a team with the two best players in the world … as a player, I wanted that opportunity,” Iginla said.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Do the Bruins Need to Make Major Change on Defense Before 2014-15?
- Should the Bruins Re-Sign Shawn Thornton?
- Bruins Prospects Look to Preserve Their AHL Playoff Run
- Complete Guide to Bruins' 2014 Offseason
- Final Report Card for Bruins' 2013-14 Season
- Game 6 Keys for Bruins, Canadiens
- Takeaways from Canadiens vs. Bruins Game 5