Jarome Iginla on choosing Penguins over Bruins: ‘It wasn’t fully my choice’
|03.28.13 at 2:28 pm ET|
“I was fortunate that the three teams that were kind of making a pitch — or however you say it — proposals were interested. I was humbled. They’re pretty all great teams, and I feel fortunate to have had the choice,” said the former Flames star. “But also at the same time, it wasn’t fully my choice. I wanted it to be a mutual thing. But when the Flames said that they liked things, they were happy with that, I was thrilled and thankful for the opportunity.”
Iginla indicated the appeal of joining Sidney Crosby and Evgeni Malkin was too good to pass up.
“The opportunity to play on a team with the two best players in the world … as a player, I wanted that opportunity,” Iginla said.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brad Marchand's Hot Streak a Big Reason for the Boston Bruins' Recent...
- Prospect Depth Allows BOS to Not Rush Pastrnak
- Seth Griffith Fitting in on the First Line with the Boston Bruins
- Bruins' Depleted Defense Returns to Reality in Loss to Wild
- Bruins' Patrice Bergeron Records 500th Career Point
- Bruins Players Dress Up as 'Frozen' Characters
- Looking at Bruins Defensive Pairings Without Chara