Bruins return Torey Krug to Providence
|03.29.13 at 7:36 pm ET|
The Bruins returned defenseman Torey Krug to Providence Friday, two days after recalling the 21-year-old from their AHL affiliate.
Krug was recalled on Wednesday after the Bruins and Flames agreed to the since-derailed Jarome Iginla trade. Krug played Wednesday night against the Canadiens in place of Matt Bartkowski, who was scratched because of his inclusion in the trade. The Michigan State product picked up an assist in the loss to the Habs.
Krug has two assists in three career NHL games since being signed out of college last season. He has 10 goals and 24 assists for 34 points and a minus-6 rating in 55 games for Providence this season.
For more on the Bruins, visit weei.com/bruins.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Do the Bruins Need to Make Major Change on Defense Before 2014-15?
- Should the Bruins Re-Sign Shawn Thornton?
- Bruins Prospects Look to Preserve Their AHL Playoff Run
- Complete Guide to Bruins' 2014 Offseason
- Final Report Card for Bruins' 2013-14 Season
- Game 6 Keys for Bruins, Canadiens
- Takeaways from Canadiens vs. Bruins Game 5