Bruins trade for Wade Redden, reuniting him with Zdeno Chara
|04.03.13 at 3:30 pm ET|
The Bruins traded for defenseman Wade Redden prior to Wednesday’s trade deadline. In return for Redden, the B’s sent a conditional seventh-round pick in the 2014 draft to St. Louis. The pick will become a sixth-rounder if Redden plays a playoff game for the B’s.
Redden, 35, was bought out by the Rangers prior to this season and signed with the Blues. In 23 games for St. Louis this season, Redden has two goals and three assists for five points and a minus-2 rating.
Redden was a teammate of current Bruins Zdeno Chara and Chris Kelly in Ottawa, where he played from 1996-2008 before signing with the Rangers. Redden’s reunion with Chara is an interesting one, as the Senators infamously chose to re-sign Redden over Chara in 2006 when both players were free agents.
For more on the Bruins, visit weei.com/bruins.
- Fresh Links: Sneaky Tough Edition
- Friday Morning Skate: Late Night
- Bruins vs Oilers Recap: Second periods will be the death of us. Bruins...
- Public Skate Third Period: Bruins 3 Oilers 2
- Public Skate Second Period: Bruins 3 Oilers 0
- Public Skate: Bruins vs. Oilers, 9:30PM EST
- Bruins vs. Oilers Preview: Captain Planet Reunion Day