Peter Chiarelli expects Chris Kelly to return to Bruins ‘soon’
|04.03.13 at 5:30 pm ET|
Bruins center Chris Kelly skated for the third consecutive day when he took the ice Wednesday at Ristuccia Arena. Kelly has been out since suffering a broken tibia on March 11 against the Senators and was ruled out indefinitely at the time, though general manager Peter Chiarelli said Wednesday that the center is nearing a return.
“He’ll be back soon,” Chiarelli said of Kelly. “I know you’d like a little more detail, but I’m satisfied with his prospective return date and he’ll be playing for us soon.”
Chiarelli said that knowing Kelly would be back in the lineup in short order impacted his approach at the trade deadline. The Bruins, who lost Patrice Bergeron for the time being with a concussion, didn’t add any centers, though recently acquired winger Kaspars Daugavins can play in the middle.
For more on the Bruins, visit weei.com/bruins.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- NHL Eastern Conference Playoff Betting
- Ranking Bruins' Top Moments of Regular Season
- Will Bruins Fall to a Presidents' Trophy Hex?
- Can Bruins RWs Build on Recent Turnarounds?
- What's Secret Behind Iginla's New Life?
- Is Meszaros a Cause for Concern for the Bruins?
- Krejci, Milan Finding Playoff Form at Right Time