Peter Chiarelli expects Chris Kelly to return to Bruins ‘soon’
|04.03.13 at 5:30 pm ET|
Bruins center Chris Kelly skated for the third consecutive day when he took the ice Wednesday at Ristuccia Arena. Kelly has been out since suffering a broken tibia on March 11 against the Senators and was ruled out indefinitely at the time, though general manager Peter Chiarelli said Wednesday that the center is nearing a return.
“He’ll be back soon,” Chiarelli said of Kelly. “I know you’d like a little more detail, but I’m satisfied with his prospective return date and he’ll be playing for us soon.”
Chiarelli said that knowing Kelly would be back in the lineup in short order impacted his approach at the trade deadline. The Bruins, who lost Patrice Bergeron for the time being with a concussion, didn’t add any centers, though recently acquired winger Kaspars Daugavins can play in the middle.
For more on the Bruins, visit weei.com/bruins.
- Bruins vs Oilers Recap: Second periods will be the death of us. Bruins...
- Public Skate Third Period: Bruins 3 Oilers 2
- Public Skate Second Period: Bruins 3 Oilers 0
- Public Skate: Bruins vs. Oilers, 9:30PM EST
- Bruins vs. Oilers Preview: Captain Planet Reunion Day
- And another one bites the dust: Loss to Bruins Final Straw for Feaster in...
- Fresh Links: Auld Acquaintance Edition