Wade Redden joins Bruins at practice, Chris Kelly skates with third line
|04.05.13 at 11:42 am ET|
WILMINGTON — Chris Kelly was wearing his familiar gray jersey as he took the ice Friday at Wilmington with the Bruins. Kelly has been out since March 11 with a broken tibia, but he is expected to return to the Bruins’ lineup in the coming days.
Friday marked Kelly’s second consecutive day skating with his teammates, though it was his first actual practice after taking part in Thursday’s morning skate. Following the practice, Claude Julien said that Kelly is still considered day-to-day, and that he wouldn’t yet say whether he’d be a game-time decision vs. the Canadiens for Saturday.
Depending on whether Kelly is ready to go, the color-coded lines were unchanged from Thursday’s 1-0 win over the Devils.
Friday’s practice lines:
Milan Lucic – David Krejci – Nathan Horton
Brad Marchand – Tyler Seguin – Jaromir Jagr
Jay Pandolfo – Rich Peverley – Chris Kelly – Kaspars Daugavins
Daniel Paille – Jordan Caron – Gregory Campbell ‘ Shawn Thornton
Caron appeared to be the spare part on the Merlot line.
All eight defensemen were also on the ice, including Wade Redden, who was skating with his new team for the first time since being acquired by the Blues prior to Tuesday’s trade deadline. Adam McQuaid (shoulder) skated with strength and conditioning coach John Whitesides before the practice.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brad Marchand's Hot Streak a Big Reason for the Boston Bruins' Recent...
- Prospect Depth Allows BOS to Not Rush Pastrnak
- Seth Griffith Fitting in on the First Line with the Boston Bruins
- Bruins' Depleted Defense Returns to Reality in Loss to Wild
- Bruins' Patrice Bergeron Records 500th Career Point
- Bruins Players Dress Up as 'Frozen' Characters
- Looking at Bruins Defensive Pairings Without Chara