Canadiens’ Alexei Emelin out for season after collision with B’s Milan Lucic
|04.08.13 at 1:35 pm ET|
Canadiens defenseman Alexei Emelin will miss the remainder of the season after tearing a ligament in his left knee following a collision with Bruins forward Milan Lucic on Saturday in Montreal, the team announced Monday.
Emelin lined up Lucic as the winger was reaching for a pick near mid-ice, but Lucic was able to brace himself, and Emelin got the worst of it. While Lucic skated away, Emelin tumbled to the ice in pain and required immediate assistance from the medical staff.
Emelin, a 26-year-old Russian who is in his second NHL season, recorded three goals and nine assist while playing almost 20 minutes per game this year.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Should the Boston Bruins Let Tuukka Rask Start Olympic Break a Day Early?
- How Should Bruins Fill Chara's Void Before Olympic Break?
- Why Krejci Will Be Top Bruin to Watch at Sochi
- How Bruins Should Shuffle Lines After Chris Kelly's Return
- Kevan Miller Justifying Promotion, Extension with Bruins
- What the Boston Bruins Must Do to Avoid Season Sweep vs. New York...
- How Bruins' Unique Strengths Have Led to Krug's Breakout Season