Brad Marchand has concussion
|04.11.13 at 6:20 pm ET|
The Bruins announced Thursday evening that left wing Brad Marchand suffered a “mild concussion” on the hit he took from Devils defenseman Anton Volchenkov.
Volchenkov was given a four-game suspension for the play in which he elbowed Marchand in the head, forcing Marchand to leave the game. The Bruins’ announcement did not include how long they expect to be without their leading scorer, with general manager Peter Chiarelli saying in the two-sentence release that the B’s will “provide an update on his status when appropriate.”
Marchand leads the Bruins with 16 goals this season.
For more on the Bruins, visit weei.com/bruins.
- Grand Theft Czechoslovakia. Bruins win 3-2
- Loui Eriksson concussed; Chris Kelly, Shawn Thornton will not travel on...
- Video: Don Cherry talks about the Thornton and Orpik incident
- Public Skate Third Period: Bruins 1, Penguins 2
- Orpik hit on Eriksson and the Thornton hit on Orpik: Both are terrible
- Public Skate Second Period: Bruins 1, Penguins 2