Brad Marchand has concussion
|04.11.13 at 6:20 pm ET|
The Bruins announced Thursday evening that left wing Brad Marchand suffered a “mild concussion” on the hit he took from Devils defenseman Anton Volchenkov.
Volchenkov was given a four-game suspension for the play in which he elbowed Marchand in the head, forcing Marchand to leave the game. The Bruins’ announcement did not include how long they expect to be without their leading scorer, with general manager Peter Chiarelli saying in the two-sentence release that the B’s will “provide an update on his status when appropriate.”
Marchand leads the Bruins with 16 goals this season.
For more on the Bruins, visit weei.com/bruins.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brad Marchand's Hot Streak a Big Reason for the Boston Bruins' Recent...
- Prospect Depth Allows BOS to Not Rush Pastrnak
- Seth Griffith Fitting in on the First Line with the Boston Bruins
- Bruins' Depleted Defense Returns to Reality in Loss to Wild
- Bruins' Patrice Bergeron Records 500th Career Point
- Bruins Players Dress Up as 'Frozen' Characters
- Looking at Bruins Defensive Pairings Without Chara