Swedish Ice Hockey Federation reportedly trying to block Carl Soderberg from coming to Bruins
|04.11.13 at 4:58 pm ET|
The Carl Soderberg situation apparently took a turn for the worse Thursday, as reports out of Sweden suggested that the Swedish Ice Hockey Federation was trying to block the 27-year-old forward from going to the Bruins. Soderberg agreed to a three-year deal with the Bruins on Tuesday, but TSN’s Bob McKenzie followed up Swedish reports with the following Thursday:
‘ Bob McKenzie (@TSNBobMcKenzie) April 11, 2013
Soderberg, who was acquired from the Blues in 2007 but has played his entire professional career in Sweden, scored 31 goals this season. More on this as information becomes available.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brad Marchand's Hot Streak a Big Reason for the Boston Bruins' Recent...
- Prospect Depth Allows BOS to Not Rush Pastrnak
- Seth Griffith Fitting in on the First Line with the Boston Bruins
- Bruins' Depleted Defense Returns to Reality in Loss to Wild
- Bruins' Patrice Bergeron Records 500th Career Point
- Bruins Players Dress Up as 'Frozen' Characters
- Looking at Bruins Defensive Pairings Without Chara