Swedish Ice Hockey Federation reportedly trying to block Carl Soderberg from coming to Bruins
|04.11.13 at 4:58 pm ET|
The Carl Soderberg situation apparently took a turn for the worse Thursday, as reports out of Sweden suggested that the Swedish Ice Hockey Federation was trying to block the 27-year-old forward from going to the Bruins. Soderberg agreed to a three-year deal with the Bruins on Tuesday, but TSN’s Bob McKenzie followed up Swedish reports with the following Thursday:
As per @steffeg and NHL/Boston sources, Swedish Ice Hockey Federation trying to block Carl Soderberg from joining Bruins. Stay tuned.
— Bob McKenzie (@TSNBobMcKenzie) April 11, 2013
Soderberg, who was acquired from the Blues in 2007 but has played his entire professional career in Sweden, scored 31 goals this season. More on this as information becomes available.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Do the Bruins Need to Make Major Change on Defense Before 2014-15?
- Should the Bruins Re-Sign Shawn Thornton?
- Bruins Prospects Look to Preserve Their AHL Playoff Run
- Complete Guide to Bruins' 2014 Offseason
- Final Report Card for Bruins' 2013-14 Season
- Game 6 Keys for Bruins, Canadiens
- Takeaways from Canadiens vs. Bruins Game 5