Patrice Bergeron will travel to Carolina with Bruins
|04.12.13 at 12:46 pm ET|
Patrice Bergeron will make the trip to Carolina with the Bruins, coach Claude Julien told reporters at Friday’s practice in Boston, where Bergeron skated with his teammates. However, Bergeron is not expected to play against the Hurricanes on Saturday,
Bergeron has been out since April 2 with a concussion, which he sustained after a hit from Colin Greening of the Senators during a 3-2 Bruins win. He resumed workouts this week and skated in Friday’s team practice. He has a history of concussions, and this most recent one was his third since a major one in October 2007 that knocked him out for the remainder of the season.
Bergeron has missed five games, in which the Bruins have gone 3-2, and still ranks second on the team with 31 points.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Do the Bruins Need to Make Major Change on Defense Before 2014-15?
- Should the Bruins Re-Sign Shawn Thornton?
- Bruins Prospects Look to Preserve Their AHL Playoff Run
- Complete Guide to Bruins' 2014 Offseason
- Final Report Card for Bruins' 2013-14 Season
- Game 6 Keys for Bruins, Canadiens
- Takeaways from Canadiens vs. Bruins Game 5