Bruins postpone game vs. Senators in light of Boston Marathon bombing
|04.15.13 at 4:48 pm ET|
Bruins defenseman Andrew Ference tweeted Monday afternoon that Monday’s game against the Senators had been postponed, confirming an earlier report from Joe McDonald of ESPNBoston. The Bruins followed by confirming that the game had been postponed, though the makeup date is not yet known.
Game is off. Our best to everyone affected, please be safe.
' Andrew Ference (@Ferknuckle) April 15, 2013
The postponing comes in light of Monday’s events at the Boston Marathon, where two bomb explosions resulted in multiple deaths and injuries. Bruins president Cam Neely issued the following statement:
'After consultation with City, State and NHL officials we collectively made the decision to postpone tonight’s game. Public safety personnel from the City and State are still gathering information regarding today’s events and it is vital they have all resources available for their investigation. The thoughts and prayers of everyone in the Bruins organization are with the city of Boston and all those affected by today’s tragedy.'
For more on the Bruins, visit weei.com/bruins.
- Bruins vs. Flames Recap: Huge third period and a 2-1 win on Iginla Night
- Public Skate Third Period: Bruins 0 Flames 1
- Public Skate: Bruins at Flames, 9:30 pm
- Bruins PR memo leaked
- In and Out Burger: Flame-Broiled Bruins: Injury Updates, Who's playing...
- Five Questions with Matchsticks and Gasoline
- Fresh Links: Calgary AHLert Edition