Carl Soderberg skates with Bruins, Patrice Bergeron and Brad Marchand to play Wednesday
|04.17.13 at 12:00 pm ET|
The Bruins got an influx of healthy bodies Wednesday morning as Carl Soderberg skated with the team for the first time, while both Patrice Bergeron and Brad Marchand (concussions) have been cleared and will be in the lineup for what figures to be an emotional contest against the Sabres.
Soderberg, who arrived Tuesday from Sweden, participated in morning skate on Wednesday but will not be in the lineup against the Sabres. The Bruins feel that it will be beneficial to both Soderberg and the team for him to get some practices in and watch the team from the press box before jumping into game action.
Wade Redden will make his Bruins debut on Wednesday, with it unknown which Bruins defenseman will sit. Andrew Ference was supposed to be a healthy scratch on Monday before the game was postponed, but Adam McQuaid and Matt Bartkowski stayed on the ice a little longer than teammates, suggesting they might be the scratches.
There was a heavy amount of rotating in line rushes for the B’s in Wednesday’s practice, but here’s what the forward lines looked like:
The goaltenders left the ice at pretty much the same time, but it was Anton Khudobin who was the first off. Given the time between games, it would be a bit surprising to see Tuukka Rask sit Wednesday, so stay tuned on that front.
For more on the Bruins, visit weei.com/bruins.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brad Marchand's Hot Streak a Big Reason for the Boston Bruins' Recent...
- Prospect Depth Allows BOS to Not Rush Pastrnak
- Seth Griffith Fitting in on the First Line with the Boston Bruins
- Bruins' Depleted Defense Returns to Reality in Loss to Wild
- Bruins' Patrice Bergeron Records 500th Career Point
- Bruins Players Dress Up as 'Frozen' Characters
- Looking at Bruins Defensive Pairings Without Chara