Nathan Horton, Adam McQuaid out vs. Panthers
|04.21.13 at 12:13 pm ET|
The Bruins were without right wing Nathan Horton and defenseman Adam McQuaid Sunday against the Panthers after the two suffered injuries in Saturday’s loss to the Penguins.
Horton appeared to injure his left wrist while fighting Penguins forward Jarome Iginla in the first period of Saturday’s game, while McQuaid was hurt on a hit from Matt Cooke. Claude Julien told reporters Sunday morning that both players are day-to-day.
With Horton and McQuaid out, Milan Lucic and Dougie Hamilton were both back in the lineup after serving as healthy scratches Saturday.
In a bit of a surprise move, Tuukka Rask got the nod vs. the Panthers after starting Saturday, marking the first time this season that Rask has started on back-to-back days.
For more on the Bruins, visit weei.com/bruins.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Do the Bruins Need to Make Major Change on Defense Before 2014-15?
- Should the Bruins Re-Sign Shawn Thornton?
- Bruins Prospects Look to Preserve Their AHL Playoff Run
- Complete Guide to Bruins' 2014 Offseason
- Final Report Card for Bruins' 2013-14 Season
- Game 6 Keys for Bruins, Canadiens
- Takeaways from Canadiens vs. Bruins Game 5