Andrew Ference suspended for Game 2
|05.02.13 at 6:33 pm ET|
The NHL announced Thursday that Bruins defenseman Andrew Ference has been given a one-game suspension for his hit to the head of Maple Leafs forward Mikhail Grabovski during a first-period Leafs power play in Game 1 of the Eastern Conference Quarterfinals.
With both players coming from different directions to get a puck in the corner, Ference hit Grabovski high, causing him to fall to the ice on a play that received no penalty.
This is Ference’s second punishable infraction in a span of 18 months or less, making him a repeat offender given that he was suspended three games last January for his hit on Rangers defenseman Ryan McDonagh.
For more on the Bruins, visit weei.com/bruins.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brad Marchand's Hot Streak a Big Reason for the Boston Bruins' Recent...
- Prospect Depth Allows BOS to Not Rush Pastrnak
- Seth Griffith Fitting in on the First Line with the Boston Bruins
- Bruins' Depleted Defense Returns to Reality in Loss to Wild
- Bruins' Patrice Bergeron Records 500th Career Point
- Bruins Players Dress Up as 'Frozen' Characters
- Looking at Bruins Defensive Pairings Without Chara