League reviews Andrew Ference’s elbow to head of Mikhail Grabovski
|05.02.13 at 12:16 am ET|
Ference elbow on Grabovski in the 1st was reviewed. Supplemental discipline possible, but seems unlikely.
‘ Darren Dreger (@DarrenDreger) May 2, 2013
As the video below will show, both players were going after a puck in the corner from different directions during a Maple Leafs power play when the B’s defenseman caught Grabovski with a high elbow. When asked about the hit following the game, Ference said he didn’t recall the play. His coach didn’t offer much either.
“I haven’t seen it,” Claude Julien said. “I can’t comment on that.”
Ference was suspended for three games last January for his hit on Ryan McDonagh, which would put him in the repeat offender category given that his last suspension was within 18 months.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brad Marchand's Hot Streak a Big Reason for the Boston Bruins' Recent...
- Prospect Depth Allows BOS to Not Rush Pastrnak
- Seth Griffith Fitting in on the First Line with the Boston Bruins
- Bruins' Depleted Defense Returns to Reality in Loss to Wild
- Bruins' Patrice Bergeron Records 500th Career Point
- Bruins Players Dress Up as 'Frozen' Characters
- Looking at Bruins Defensive Pairings Without Chara