No hearing for Dion Phaneuf regarding hit on Daniel Paille
|05.05.13 at 10:54 am ET|
According to multiple reports, there will be no hearing with the league for Maple Leafs defenseman Dion Phaneuf regarding his high hit on Bruins forward Daniel Paille in the third period of Saturday’s Game 2 of the Eastern Conference quarterfinals.
With less than eight minutes to play, Paille played the puck along the boards at center ice before getting hit high by Phaneuf, whose shoulder appeared to cut Paille’s nose. Though the play looked worse at full-speed, replays show that it was not an elbow. Phaneuf was not penalized for the play.
For more on the Bruins, visit weei.com/bruins.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brad Marchand's Hot Streak a Big Reason for the Boston Bruins' Recent...
- Prospect Depth Allows BOS to Not Rush Pastrnak
- Seth Griffith Fitting in on the First Line with the Boston Bruins
- Bruins' Depleted Defense Returns to Reality in Loss to Wild
- Bruins' Patrice Bergeron Records 500th Career Point
- Bruins Players Dress Up as 'Frozen' Characters
- Looking at Bruins Defensive Pairings Without Chara