B’s recall Matt Bartkowski from Providence
|05.09.13 at 9:05 pm ET|
The Bruins announced Thursday that they have recalled defenseman Matt Bartkowski from AHL Providence.
Bartkowski, 24, played in 11 regular-season games for the Bruins this season, recording two assists and averaging 13:29 of ice time.
He played 56 games for the P-Bruins, recording three goals and 21 assists with 56 penalty minutes. He had five assists in Providence’s five-game opening-round Calder Cup playoff series against the Hershey Bears. Providence advanced and will open a second-round series against the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins on Friday night at the Dunkin’ Donuts Center.
Boston hosts the Maple Leafs in Game 5 on Friday night, looking to close out the first-round series.
For more Bruins news, visit the team page at weei.com/bruins.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brad Marchand's Hot Streak a Big Reason for the Boston Bruins' Recent...
- Prospect Depth Allows BOS to Not Rush Pastrnak
- Seth Griffith Fitting in on the First Line with the Boston Bruins
- Bruins' Depleted Defense Returns to Reality in Loss to Wild
- Bruins' Patrice Bergeron Records 500th Career Point
- Bruins Players Dress Up as 'Frozen' Characters
- Looking at Bruins Defensive Pairings Without Chara