Zdeno Chara heading into Game 6: ‘You can’t be sitting on your wins or your losses’
|05.12.13 at 11:22 am ET|
“I thought our first period, if we would play the same way we played from the midpoint of the game, we would be in much better shape I think, so we've got to make sure we play the same way like we did towards the end,” captain Zdeno Chara said after Friday’s 2-1 loss in Game 5.
In the third period, the Bruins finally showed the urgency they had been lacking the whole game. It was in the third period that Chara provided the only offense of the night with a shot from the mid-slot that beat James Reimer.
“The aggressiveness, we had a lot of jump,” Chara said. “We needed that one goal, which we got, and we were obviously working for the second one, but we've got to put it behind us and get ready for the next game.
“It's the playoffs. You can't be sitting on your wins or your losses. You've got to move on.”
Does Chara think the pressure will still be on Toronto in Game 6 tonight?
“I don't know. I don't know how to answer that question,” Chara said.
He and the Bruins will find out soon enough.
- Bruins PR memo leaked
- In and Out Burger: Flame-Broiled Bruins: Injury Updates, Who's playing...
- Five Questions with Matchsticks and Gasoline
- Fresh Links: Calgary AHLert Edition
- Shanahan has spoken: Dion Phaneuf gets two-game suspension for Miller hit
- Tuesday Morning Skate: 71 million new things to talk about
- Hockey's Culture of Revenge