Torey Krug enters the mix with Bruins defense banged up
|05.14.13 at 1:50 pm ET|
Bruins general manager Peter Chiarelli offered no updates on the team’s injured defensemen Tuesday at TD Garden, though he did say that the Bruins will recall defenseman Torey Krug from Providence.
Wade Redden and Andrew Ference missed Game 7 against the Maple Leafs and Dennis Seidenberg didn’t play after the first two minutes due to an injury suffered on his first shift. Chiarelli gave no updates on any of the three players, though he said that Redden would not be able to play if the B’s were to have a game Tuesday. The Bruins will begin their Eastern Conference semifinal series against the Rangers Thursday at TD Garden.
Krug is a left-shot defenseman, which will be a welcomed addition given that Seidenberg, Redden and Ference are all lefties. In 70 games for Providence this season (including the playoffs), Krug has 13 goals and 35 assists for 48 points this season.
For more on the Bruins, visit weei.com/bruins.
- Dougie Hamilton headed back to Boston; Miller OK; could Boychuk be back?
- Bruins vs. Maple Leafs Recap: Bruins win 5-2, Kevan Miller scores first...
- Public Skate: Third Period, Bruins 3 Leafs 1
- Dougie Hamilton done for the night; Warsofsky incoming?
- Public Skate Second Period: Maple Leafs 1, Bruins 0
- Bruins vs. Leafs Complete Coverage
- Public Skate: Bruins vs Maple Leafs, 7PM EST