Patrice Bergeron named Selke finalist
|05.15.13 at 11:39 am ET|
Bruins center Patrice Bergeron was named a finalist for the Frank J. Selke Trophy Wednesday. The award, which Bergeron won last season, is awarded to “the forward who best excels in the defensive aspects of the game.’
Bergeron went 549-for-884 on faceoffs during the regular season, good for a league-best 62.1 success rate. He also finished sixth in the league with a plus-24 rating.
Other nominees for the award, which is voted on by the Professional Hockey Writers’ Association, are Pavel Datsyuk of the Red Wings and Jonathan Toews of the Blackhawks.
For more on the Bruins, visit weei.com/bruins.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brad Marchand's Hot Streak a Big Reason for the Boston Bruins' Recent...
- Prospect Depth Allows BOS to Not Rush Pastrnak
- Seth Griffith Fitting in on the First Line with the Boston Bruins
- Bruins' Depleted Defense Returns to Reality in Loss to Wild
- Bruins' Patrice Bergeron Records 500th Career Point
- Bruins Players Dress Up as 'Frozen' Characters
- Looking at Bruins Defensive Pairings Without Chara