Injured defensemen missing, Brad Marchand leaves morning skate early in pain
|05.16.13 at 10:50 am ET|
Dennis Seidenberg, Andrew Ference and Wade Redden all were missing from the Bruins’ morning skate prior to Thursday’s opening game of the Eastern Conference semifinals against the Rangers. Furthermore, left wing Brad Marchand left the ice in pain about 20 minutes into the skate following 2-on-1 drills.
With the trio of defensemen absent (all with undisclosed injuries), the lineup looked as follows prior to Marchand’s exit:
Extra forwards: Kaspars Daugavins, Jay Pandolfo, Carl Soderberg
Extra defenseman: Aaron Johnson
If Marchand is unable to play Thursday, Daugavins would be the most likely choice to replace him in the lineup. Daugavins last played in Game 1 of the Eastern Conference quarterfinals against the Maple Leafs.
For more Bruins coverage, visit weei.com/bruins.
Mike Petraglia contributed to this report.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brad Marchand's Hot Streak a Big Reason for the Boston Bruins' Recent...
- Prospect Depth Allows BOS to Not Rush Pastrnak
- Seth Griffith Fitting in on the First Line with the Boston Bruins
- Bruins' Depleted Defense Returns to Reality in Loss to Wild
- Bruins' Patrice Bergeron Records 500th Career Point
- Bruins Players Dress Up as 'Frozen' Characters
- Looking at Bruins Defensive Pairings Without Chara