Injured defensemen missing, Brad Marchand leaves morning skate early in pain
|05.16.13 at 10:50 am ET|
Dennis Seidenberg, Andrew Ference and Wade Redden all were missing from the Bruins’ morning skate prior to Thursday’s opening game of the Eastern Conference semifinals against the Rangers. Furthermore, left wing Brad Marchand left the ice in pain about 20 minutes into the skate following 2-on-1 drills.
With the trio of defensemen absent (all with undisclosed injuries), the lineup looked as follows prior to Marchand’s exit:
Milan Lucic – David Krejci – Nathan Horton
Brad Marchand – Patrice Bergeron – Jaromir Jagr
Rich Peverley – Chris Kelly – Tyler Seguin
Daniel Paille – Gregory Campbell – Shawn Thornton
Extra forwards: Kaspars Daugavins, Jay Pandolfo, Carl Soderberg
Zdeno Chara – Dougie Hamilton
Matt Bartkowski – Johnny Boychuk
Torey Krug – Adam McQuaid
Extra defenseman: Aaron Johnson
If Marchand is unable to play Thursday, Daugavins would be the most likely choice to replace him in the lineup. Daugavins last played in Game 1 of the Eastern Conference quarterfinals against the Maple Leafs.
For more Bruins coverage, visit weei.com/bruins.
Mike Petraglia contributed to this report.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- NHL Eastern Conference Playoff Betting
- Ranking Bruins' Top Moments of Regular Season
- Will Bruins Fall to a Presidents' Trophy Hex?
- Can Bruins RWs Build on Recent Turnarounds?
- What's Secret Behind Iginla's New Life?
- Is Meszaros a Cause for Concern for the Bruins?
- Krejci, Milan Finding Playoff Form at Right Time