John Tortorella has no use for a pregame press conference
|05.23.13 at 11:00 am ET|
NEW YORK — Maybe it’s the pressure of being down 3-0 to a superior team. Maybe it’s the fact he knows his team is cooked. Or maybe, just maybe, John Tortorella has absolutely nothing of value to say to reporters hours before a game that could end his season and his tenure with the Rangers.
Whatever the reason, Tortorella needed just 19 seconds Thursday to dismiss any questions from reporters before his team’s morning skate here at Madison Square Garden.
Reporters asked just two questions and then became hushed.
Here were the two questions and answers:
Any update on defenseman Anton Stralman, after he was knocked out of Game 3 in the third period?
“No. No updates,” Tortorella said.
What do you tell your team before a game like this?
“I’ve talked to them. I don’t need to talk about it here,” he responded.
After six seconds of silence, Tortorella uttered the word “OK” and exited stage right.
Game 4 is Thursday night (CNBC, 7 p.m.).
- Bruins vs. Oilers Preview: Captain Planet Reunion Day
- And another one bites the dust: Loss to Bruins Final Straw for Feaster in...
- Fresh Links: Auld Acquaintance Edition
- Thursday Morning Skate: Edmonton Bound
- Fresh Links: Czechmate Edition
- Wednesday Morning Skate: Iggy! Iggy! Iggy!
- Bruins vs. Flames Recap: Huge third period and a 2-1 win on Iginla Night