Bruins open in Pittsburgh Saturday night as NHL announces Eastern schedule
|05.29.13 at 12:25 am ET|
The Bruins will open the 2013 Eastern Conference finals in Pittsburgh against the Penguins on Saturday night at the Consol Energy Center. That will be followed by Game 2 in Pittsburgh on Monday. The series then shifts to Boston for Games 3 and 4 next Wednesday and Friday at TD Garden.
The first four games will face-off at 8 p.m. ET.
If necessary, Game 5 will be back in Pittsburgh on June 9. Game 6 would be back in Boston on June 11 and, as was the case in the first round, if the series goes the distance, Game 7 would be the next day back in Pittsburgh.
The NHL held off waiting on making an announcement until the winner was determined in the Kings-Sharks series Tuesday night. The defending Stanley Cup champs advance to the Western finals with a 2-1 win over San Jose. The Kings will face the winner of Wednesday’s Game 7 between the Blackhawks and Red Wings in Chicago.
- Bruins vs. Penguins Preview: Bounce-back.
- Fresh Links: But We Were Just Getting To Know You Edition
- Boychuk out 3-7 days, not weeks. Let's go to the movies!
- Fresh Links: Wound Licking Edition
- Friday Morning Skate: Get Well Soon, Johnny
- Bruins vs Habs Recap: Just a loss. Win the games in hand.
- Public Skate Third Period: Bruins 1 Habs 2