Brad Marchand: Nobody gave Bruins a chance vs. Penguins
|06.07.13 at 11:58 pm ET|
Brad Marchand said prior to the Eastern Conference finals that the Bruins were “in over our heads” against the Penguins, but after completing the sweep of the top-seeded Pittsburgh club seemed to relish the role of the underdog. Speaking after the game, Marchand had the following exchange with a reporter:
Question: “A week ago nobody would have predicted that you guys would sweep the Penguins. Is it any –”
Marchand: “Nobody predicted that we were going to win at all.”
The left wing was then asked how satisfying it was to win in the fashion that Boston did, to which he replied, “It’s very satisfying. People keep counting us out, and we’re happy to be where we’re at.”
Asked what was behind his logic when he made the statement about the Bruins being in over their heads, Marchand replied, “We were just saying what you guys told us.”
Underdogs or not, the Bruins will await the winner of Blackhawks and Kings series in the Stanley Cup finals.
For more on the Bruins, visit weei.com/bruins.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Do the Bruins Need to Make Major Change on Defense Before 2014-15?
- Should the Bruins Re-Sign Shawn Thornton?
- Bruins Prospects Look to Preserve Their AHL Playoff Run
- Complete Guide to Bruins' 2014 Offseason
- Final Report Card for Bruins' 2013-14 Season
- Game 6 Keys for Bruins, Canadiens
- Takeaways from Canadiens vs. Bruins Game 5