Morning skate notes: Andrew Shaw throws fit and we should all dwell on the fact that somebody gave Tyler Seguin a Selke vote
|06.15.13 at 2:08 pm ET|
- It was tough to tell what the lines will be given that Jaromir Jagr was not on the ice, as he commonly abstains from morning skate. Because Jagr wasn’t out there, Tyler Seguin skated in Jagr’s place on Patrice Bergeron‘s line. That’s interesting because when Jagr has missed skates in the past, the team has put a healthy scratch, such as Carl Soderberg, in his place and kept the other lines the same. Perhaps Claude Julien saw enough in Seguin in Game 1 to put him back in the top six mix. Seguin has just one goal this postseason.
- Speaking of Seguin, No. 19 was amused by the fact that he received a fourth-place vote for the Selke trophy. The Selke is given to “the forward who best excels in the defensive aspects of the game,” which Seguin, um, is not. Seguin is known for his elite offensive skill and skating, but he is one of the Bruins’ worst defensive players. He was surprised to see that somebody voted for him (it’s decided by the Pro Hockey Writers’ Association), and with three points, he was second among Bruins players in Selke voting (Bergeron had 1250). That means Seguin had more points than friend and actual good two-way forward Brad Marchand, which Seguin found entertaining.
- Andrew Shaw had an uncomfortable temper tantrum during the Blackhawks’ media availability. Because Patrick Kane‘s stall is next to his in the Blackhawks’ dressing room, Shaw had difficulty to access his stall given the media crowd. That prompted Shaw to kick a trash barrel across the room. Blackhawks PR calmed Shaw down in the corner away from the area.
- A reporter who may have been unfamiliar with Jagr’s tendency to miss morning skates asked Julien if Jagr was alright, to which Julien responded, “he’s 100 percent. He’s 41.”
- Friday Morning Skate: Late Night
- Bruins vs Oilers Recap: Second periods will be the death of us. Bruins...
- Public Skate Third Period: Bruins 3 Oilers 2
- Public Skate Second Period: Bruins 3 Oilers 0
- Public Skate: Bruins vs. Oilers, 9:30PM EST
- Bruins vs. Oilers Preview: Captain Planet Reunion Day
- And another one bites the dust: Loss to Bruins Final Straw for Feaster in...