- Big Bad Blog - http://bigbadblog.weei.com -
Morning skate notes: Andrew Shaw throws fit and we should all dwell on the fact that somebody gave Tyler Seguin a Selke vote
Posted By DJ Bean On June 15, 2013 @ 2:08 pm In General | No Comments
– It was tough to tell what the lines will be given that Jaromir Jagr was not on the ice, as he commonly abstains from morning skate. Because Jagr wasn’t out there, Tyler Seguin  skated in Jagr’s place on Patrice Bergeron ‘s line. That’s interesting because when Jagr has missed skates in the past, the team has put a healthy scratch, such as Carl Soderberg, in his place and kept the other lines the same. Perhaps Claude Julien  saw enough in Seguin in Game 1 to put him back in the top six mix. Seguin has just one goal this postseason.
– Speaking of Seguin, No. 19 was amused by the fact that he received a fourth-place vote for the Selke trophy. The Selke is given to “the forward who best excels in the defensive aspects of the game,” which Seguin, um, is not. Seguin is known for his elite offensive skill and skating, but he is one of the Bruins’ worst defensive players. He was surprised to see that somebody voted for him (it’s decided by the Pro Hockey Writers’ Association), and with three points, he was second among Bruins players in Selke voting (Bergeron had 1250). That means Seguin had more points than friend and actual good two-way forward Brad Marchand , which Seguin found entertaining.
– Andrew Shaw had an uncomfortable temper tantrum during the Blackhawks’ media availability. Because Patrick Kane‘s stall is next to his in the Blackhawks’ dressing room, Shaw had difficulty to access his stall given the media crowd. That prompted Shaw to kick a trash barrel across the room. Blackhawks PR calmed Shaw down in the corner away from the area.
– A reporter who may have been unfamiliar with Jagr’s tendency to miss morning skates asked Julien if Jagr was alright, to which Julien responded, “he’s 100 percent. He’s 41.”
Article printed from Big Bad Blog: http://bigbadblog.weei.com
URL to article: http://bigbadblog.weei.com/sports/boston/hockey/bruins/2013/06/15/morning-skate-notes-andrew-shaw-throws-fit-and-we-should-all-dwell-on-the-fact-that-somebody-gave-tyler-seguin-a-selke-vote/
URLs in this post:
 Nathan Horton: http://media.weei.com/hockey/nathan-horton.htm
 is in the lineup for Game 2: http://bigbadblog.weei.com/sports/boston/hockey/bruins/2013/06/15/nathan-horton-shoulder-to-play-in-game-2/
 Tyler Seguin: http://media.weei.com/hockey/tyler-seguin.htm
 Patrice Bergeron: http://media.weei.com/hockey/patrice-bergeron.htm
 Claude Julien: http://media.weei.com/hockey/claude-julien.htm
 Brad Marchand: http://media.weei.com/hockey/brad-marchand.htm
 > Morning skate notes: Andrew Shaw throws fit and we should all dwell on the fact that somebody gave Tyler Seguin a Selke vote" data-url="http://bigbadblog.weei.com/sports/boston/hockey/bruins/2013/06/15/morning-skate-notes-andrew-shaw-throws-fit-and-we-should-all-dwell-on-the-fact-that-somebody-gave-tyler-seguin-a-selke-vote/">Tweet: http://twitter.com/share
 : #disqus_thread
Copyright © 2009 WEEI.com. All rights reserved.