Roberto Luongo has hilarious sense of humor over Bruins ruining him
|06.17.13 at 7:44 pm ET|
Roberto Luongo melted down during the 2011 Stanley Cup finals, but what went unnoticed was that he was actually a pretty nice guy with a good sense of humor. He was great with the media prior to the series, and, as he later pointed out, was highly complimentary of Tim Thomas leading up to his criticism of Thomas following Game 5.
Luongo allowed 12 goals in Games 3 and 4 combined at TD Garden, and gave up 15 of the 17 goals Boston scored at home in that series. The goalie, who finds himself in an awkward situation in Vancouver given that the team has struggled to trade him due to his mammoth contract, has a Twitter account that he uses for self-parody, and his retweet of a tweet from the league regarding Boston’s success at home in the Stanley Cup finals is classic.
‘ Strombone (@strombone1) June 17, 2013
The Bruins chased Luongo in Games 4 and 6 of that series, and the team went to more of a split between he and Cory Schneider last season. Schneider played in 30 games to Luongo’s 20 this season, and when the team was unable to move him at the trade deadline, Luongo said it was because his “contract sucks.”
Luongo has nine years left on his contract with an annual cap hit of $5.33 million. Things haven’t worked out the way he’s hoped, but you can’t say the guy doesn’t have a sense of humor.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brad Marchand's Hot Streak a Big Reason for the Boston Bruins' Recent...
- Prospect Depth Allows BOS to Not Rush Pastrnak
- Seth Griffith Fitting in on the First Line with the Boston Bruins
- Bruins' Depleted Defense Returns to Reality in Loss to Wild
- Bruins' Patrice Bergeron Records 500th Career Point
- Bruins Players Dress Up as 'Frozen' Characters
- Looking at Bruins Defensive Pairings Without Chara