No Marian Hossa again for Hawks morning skate
|06.22.13 at 12:11 pm ET|
CHICAGO — As was the case before Game 4, Marian Hossa was not on the ice for Chicago’s morning skate here at United Center in the hours before Game 5 of the Stanley Cup.
Hossa did not skate on Wednesday morning in Boston but returned to the lineup for Game 4 after missing Game 3 with an upper body injury. Hossa had one assist in 29 shifts Wednesday night, taking just four shots after 10 in Game 2.
And as was the case in Game 4, Chicago coach Joel Quenneville said Hossa will be available and will play. “He will play and we expect him to be better,” Quenneville said.
The extra forwards taking part in Saturday’s morning skate for Chicago were Ben Smith, the Boston College product who took Hossa’s place in Game 3, and agitator Dan Carcillo.
The series is tied, 2-2, heading into Saturday night’s Game 5.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brad Marchand's Hot Streak a Big Reason for the Boston Bruins' Recent...
- Prospect Depth Allows BOS to Not Rush Pastrnak
- Seth Griffith Fitting in on the First Line with the Boston Bruins
- Bruins' Depleted Defense Returns to Reality in Loss to Wild
- Bruins' Patrice Bergeron Records 500th Career Point
- Bruins Players Dress Up as 'Frozen' Characters
- Looking at Bruins Defensive Pairings Without Chara